Jacqueline Beltz, MD | Melbourne, Australia
1. Practice location: I practice in two locations:
(1) a private practice called Eye Surgery Associates, located in the center of Melbourne, and (2) an academic practice called Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital and Centre for Eye Research Australia, also located in the center of Melbourne.
2. Type of practice and patient population:
The private practice where I work specializes in corneal, cataract, and refractive subspecialties. I see a lot of patients who require lamellar corneal transplantation, particularly endothelial. My academic practice specializes in corneal, cataract, and general ophthalmology. In this practice, I treat a lot of patients with complex surgical problems. I am also involved in research and in teaching registrars and fellows.
3. Best part about living in Australia:
The lovely weather, being able to walk to work, and living in a great city that always has exciting stuff to do!
4. Favorite way to spend a day off:
Playing with my baby girl.