It has been said that the only constant is change. As we enter another year of MillennialEYE—the third since the launch of our inaugural issue—the time has come to embrace a new chapter. As of this issue, we are signing off as Chief Medical Editors and handing over the reins to two respected colleagues and friends: Christopher E. Starr, MD, and Elizabeth Yeu, MD.
In today’s digital era, an app-based publication like MillennialEYE allows us to access and share information at an unprecedented speed. However, for us, the greatest takeaway from our roles as Chief Medical Editors has been the collaborations we have formed with amazing physicians and industry peers. It is inspiring to be surrounded by like-minded individuals who share a drive to develop and incorporate new technologies, support our field in the pursuit of innovation, continue to advance our surgical outcomes, and boost our efficiencies in daily practice. Furthermore, MillennialEYE serves as reminder that thinking outside the box and venturing into the unknown is necessary for innovation.
No matter how long we have been in practice, we still feel like new kids on the block, as there is still so much learning and growing to do. MillennialEYE functions as a great forum for sharing and connecting with colleagues who have led and will lead in the growth and advancement of ophthalmology. We look forward to seeing what comes next.
– Damien F. Goldberg, MD, and George O. Waring IV, MD, FACS
MEET THE NEW CHIEF MEDICAL EDITORS
Christopher E. Starr, MD
• Associate Professor of Ophthalmology,
Weill Cornell Medical College, New York
• Director of the Refractive Surgery Service, Director of Ophthalmic Education, and Director of the Cornea, Cataract, and Refractive Surgery Fellowship, Weill Cornell Medical College
• firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter @Starr_MD
A video introduction from Dr. Starr.
Elizabeth Yeu, MD
• Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology,
Eastern Virginia Medical School, Ghent, Virginia
• Partner specializing in cornea, cataract, and refractive surgery at Virginia Eye Consultants, Norfolk, Virginia
• email@example.com; Twitter @LizYeu